The worlds first and only electro-mechanical drone release system (patent pending). Also known as our ultimate release system!
Take the Gannet X and combined it with the Gannet Sport and You get the Gannet X Sport!
- Fits all Phantom 3’s & 4’s
- Designed not to interfere with your drones VPS sensors. All remain ON, unobstructed and active, no need to move it to the back legs to clear the sensors.
- Mounts in seconds to your drone with no tools required, no removal of the LEDs lens,
- Clear from the drone camera including the large P4Pro & Adv camera.
- Over 10kg release ability - A Phantom can lift 1.4kg Max, 800g Max recommended bait, more possible but not recommended.
- Selectable electronic or mechanical release - for the guys that fly amongst the gulls, adding protection against reel jams with emergency bail.
- Is fully autonomous and self-sufficient with its own rechargeable battery, charged from an internal charger powered by USB charge lead in under 30min. A single charge can do over 100 drops, Over 2-week stand by if left on (warning this could damage the battery)
- No need to modify your drone in any manner nor do you need to open it,
- Central loading the same as all other Gannets - balancing the load on all 4 motors, this is fundamental to all drones. See WARNING section below for more details.
- All electronics are kept away from the light-bridge antennas and compasses that are located in all 4 the drones legs. Thus ensuring interference-free operation of your drone even at long distances,
- Is activated by the front LED lights of your drone which can easily be turned on and off using your C1 or C2 buttons on your drone's remote * . Alternatively, you can set your drone's camera that when you start recording that it automatically switches the lights off, stop the record and the lights are back on.
- Fastest one handloading of all releases, even while the drone is hovering. With no need for metal/plastic rings on the Drop-Loop. Designed for 0,3mm to 1,4 mm nylon Drop-Loops of either nylon or even metal.
- Instant activation from the C1 or C2 button on the drone remote, - full distance range of the drone.
- All 4 flight LED lights remain fully functional and visible (No LED is blocked off), Gannet X Sport can be used in Light or Dark mode (user selectable)
- The best Gannet to date thanks to the patent-pending electro-mechanical release mechanism. Weighing in at only 60g. Weight saved on the release is safety gained for the flight reducing drone power consumption.
- Because of it’s high accuracy, (±5% @ 800g setting) the release setting can be made higher than any other release, closer to the drone limit, resulting in more hookups and less missed fish throwing the bait/lure as the hook was not set on the initial strike, this when trawling lures or bait direct to fish. Same goes for reducing stress on the drone when dropping normal baits no need to set it too high, saving your drone in the long run.
- The Mechanical release is activated whenever the pull force on the release line, the Drop-Loop, exceeds the user setting, so if set to release at 1kg you can comfortably fly 600-700g loads all day long, the trailing line, wind on it and the bait, is typically less than 200g in most conditions, so if you manually stop the spool whilst still flying forward the drone easily exceeds the additionally needed 100g - 200g releasing the load.
- Instant release should the reel or line snag to above the settings threshold, same as it would if a bird was to hit the line.
* excludes Phantom 3 Standard that does not have C1/2 buttons and needs activation from within the DJI Go App
WARNINGS & CONCERNS REGARDING OTHER DESIGNS
- DO NOT disable VPS or Landing Protection, critical systems that protect your drone, camera & gimbal as well as personal and public safety. Other designs that require VPS to be disabled are compromised and should be avoided. For more on VPS and flying over water please see https://youtu.be/FihnvkaN83M
- Some designs require yanking the line free, the drone IMU does not handle repeated sudden movements well, nor is it good for the drone legs that house the radio antennas and compasses.
- Some designs force off-centre loading, to any side, especially the back in order to clear the VPS sensors, this reduces the load-carrying ability by up to 40% if central back and up to 60% if off-centre to back, this dramatically increases drone instability, as individual motors over speed while countering the imbalance resulting in loss of control. These designs that require off centre loading are compromised and should be avoided as having one or two motors overwork and failover water is fatal. These designs make several claims to try to justify loading off centre, these claims are false and designed merely to justify a poor concept.
- There are designs that lift “near” the centre but when they do they interfere with the VPS, these designs have options to clear the sensors but in those positions, they then lift the load totally wrong.
- Several designs weigh over 100g, any unnecessary weight added to the release is unnecessary power-sapping on the drone, also reducing the max bait load by the equivalent. Every 50g saps approximately 5% more power from the battery 100% of the time the drone is airborne. So in 4 bait drops the drone has lost near 1:30min flight time just because of the heavy release. This can be the difference of making it back to shore or having the drone go for a swim.
What's in the box?
- Gannet X Sport with Phantom 4/3 sensor.
- USB Charge lead.
- 2 off additional spare body securing bands.
This item is not eligible for coupon discounts.
What are my delivery options?
Xtreme Xccessories offers 2 convenient delivery options:
Courier:We deliver directly to your home or office, anywhere in South Africa. All delivery and tracking details are supplied to you once your order payment has been processed.
Collect:You can choose to collect from our shop 24a Waverly Business Park, Mowbray, Cape Town during open hours.
CAN I ORDER FROM A LOCATION OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA?
Yes, you may, but extra charges will apply as standard and express delivery is only valid on deliveries made within South Africa.
DELIVERY COST AND TIME?
We offer reliable delivery services via trusted third-party courier services to anywhere in South Africa. Each parcel is packed with care and insured. We’ll need your daytime address for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel.
Standard (2-4 business days from R99 on orders below R599) to anywhere in South Africa.
Express Delivery (1-2 business days from R120) to main areas only.
To arrange Saturday delivery on special request, contact us at 021 001 8852.
*Terms & Conditions
All prices are only estimates based on the flat rate incl. VAT for sending a parcel of up to 5 kg in volumetric and physical weight. We reserve the right to increase the delivery cost on any parcel that exceeds this weight accordingly.
Express Delivery prices are based on delivery to main areas like Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Johannesburg, Polokwane, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria; however, surrounding areas may be excluded.
Delivery to remote areas are subject to additional charges.
The delivery periods are only estimates and exclude the collection day.
The delivery period is subject to strikes, severe weather conditions and third-party delivery services. Orders are sent within normal working hours except on weekends and/or on public holidays. We will send orders received before 14:00 on the same day, and orders received after 14:00 the following day, depending on order volumes.
Orders over R 599 are free only on the first attempt, so ensure that you're ready to receive as extra charges may apply to parcel reroutes.
Business days are defined as Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays. Note that delivery to PO Boxes may take longer as parcels are handled by the South African Post Office.
CAN I CHANGE MY DELIVERY ADDRESS?
We, unfortunately, can’t make changes to your delivery address once payment has been received and you have received your Payment Confirmation email.
WHO CAN SIGN FOR MY PARCEL?
Our couriers deliver door-to-door, which means that the parcel is delivered to the address and not the person unless otherwise specified. So if the parcel is delivered to the address, it is confirmed as delivered, whether left at reception, staff or security.
HOW DO I TRACK MY ORDER ONLINE?
Once we’ve received your order, we’ll send you an email with tracking details. If in doubt, contact us... WHAT IF AN ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK / AWAITING STOCK?
Our website inventory is automatically updated multiple times daily to show if an item is "In Stock" or "Out Of Stock", however, should for any reason any goods not be in stock, we will contact you immediately to make the appropriate arrangement.
If an "Out of Stock" status appears, please feel free to call to get an estimated time of arrival. "Out of Stock" does in no way mean it's a permanent condition and it will change daily.
If some of the requested items are out of stock and others are in stock, one of our consultants will contact you to enquire if you want part or full shipment.
THE FINE PRINT
Xtreme Xccessories gives its utmost to serve customers as quickly as possible. In actual fact, it excites us to do it quicker every day. It is, however, a reality that delivery companies are sometimes subject to strikes and other delays, hence the need for more than one courier company. It is most certainly in the minority that a problem arises. Should any delay happen, we will follow up, lodge and handle queries with the particular courier company.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 021 001 8852.